Thursday, July 24, 2014

Thing 6 - Educreations



I chose a math lesson.  This lesson is not fancy but does the job of showing the differences between area and perimeter.  I know this is something that is often confused.  I could use this as an introduction, a review and a place for students to go to when they get confused.  It would be an ongoing resource.


Area and Perimeter

Thing 6 part 2

I created a educreation on angles.  I think this is something that can be used in class.  Having the visual is a great way for review and reference for the students.

I think students will not have difficulty accessing the site for videos.  Most have access to some sort of smart phone or device that connects to the internet.  I see it as a problem for them to try and create their own outside of school.  When making assignments I think we always need to be cognizant of the access to computers for our students.  If I were to assign this as a "make your own" lesson, I would be sure to allow time in school for completion.

Here is my sample lesson.  It needs work - but I'm tired and do not feel like redoing it.

Mastering Angles

http://www.educreations.com/lesson/view/mastering-angles/23011316/?s=6GAg3z&ref=appemail

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your honesty. I like the video. For your first one, I thought it came out great. The important thing is that you are comfortable with this tool and ready to implement in your classes.

    ReplyDelete