Saturday, August 2, 2014

Thing 7 Garage Band

I see Garage Band being used by both teacher and student.  The teacher can create mp3's for students to go back and review lesson material. This can be especially helpful for the new math curriculum that is very fast paced.  Students would have a way to review daily lessons for homework or if they were absent.

I could see this being used by the students as an evaluation piece.  Students could create a recording explaining answers to questions or processes about something in science.

The biggest difference I see between garage band and Educreations is that Garage band is audio only.   Both have learning curves.  Again, gaining access might be the difficult piece, although Garage Band can be posted to Facebook.  A teacher could create a Facebook for her class, but I think Youtube would be easiest.

1 comment:

  1. Tina, I would agree with having a teacher use YouTube to show projects created using Garage Band. Especially since the district does not allow access to Facebook. The fact you will create audio files that will assist students with lesson material at home will be very beneficial. Additionally, students will not get behind if they are absent. :)

    ReplyDelete